Katie Kenyon concentrates her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation and civil rights litigation, professional malpractice, and product liability matters. She has handled litigated real estate matters including lease disputes, tax assessments and appeals, intellectual property, bad faith, and insurance coverage, among other disciplines. She has a broad range of litigation experience through which she has gained executive areas of expertise in strategic case planning, legal/ethical recommendations, personnel management, business planning, and policy guidance. She has a proactive approach to planning workflow, managing resources, and devising strategies with solid decision-making and critical thinking skills. Katie is an appointed Mediator, Arbitrator, and Early Neutral Evaluator with the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Elected Member of Judiciary Committee (2014-2017, 2019-present)
- Selected Member of Nominating Committee (2016)
- Served on Ad-Hoc Committees of Women in the Law Division
- Pennsylvania Council of Mediators, Member
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association, Past President, Board of Directors
- Volunteer attorney and mentor with NLSA’s PFA Program
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership Administrative Board, Past President
- Coordinator of Criminal Records Expungement Project
- Volunteer attorney with Custody Conciliation and Landlord Tenant Hotline Projects
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Fellow (Class of 2009), Sustaining Fellow (Class of 2013), Patron Fellow (Class of 2016)
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Kanawha County WV Chapter, Member
- International Association Defense Counsel, Vice Chair of Publications, Social Justice and Pro Bono Committee
Katie grew up in Delaware but met her husband in law school and has been in Pittsburgh since 1995. After many years in Squirrel Hill, she lives in Fox Chapel with her husband and two children. She is active with the Flying Fish Heads Masters Swim Team and volunteers at Fox Chapel Area High School.