Twenty attorneys from Pittsburgh-based law firm Meyer, Unkovic & Scott have been named to the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
This year’s edition includes nearly 40 percent of Meyer, Unkovic & Scott’s roster of 53 attorneys. Of the 20 Meyer, Unkovic & Scott attorneys in the 2017 edition, half have spent more than ten years on the list. This year marks the 25th year on the list for Richard Kotarba, and the 23rd year for Robert Mauro.
Best Lawyers in America has published its list of top attorneys for more than three decades. Attorneys earn spots on the list based on peer reviews of their professional expertise. Lawyers on the Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
The 20 Meyer, Unkovic & Scott attorneys named as Best Lawyers for 2017 include:
- Joseph Bartoszewicz has been recognized on the list for six years in the area of Real Estate Law.
- Thomas Berret has been on the Best Lawyers list since 2009 in the areas of Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- Robert Dauer, Jr. has been named to the Best Lawyers list in the area of Litigation – Bankruptcy every year since 2013.
- Patricia Dodge has been recognized by Best Lawyers for a decade in the practice areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
- Patricia Farrell is marking her second year on the list for her practice of Real Estate Law.
- Andrea Geraghty has been on the Best Lawyers list for 17 years in the categories of Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law, Litigation – Real Estate and Real Estate Law.
- Robert Hanlon, Jr. has been recognized for his practice in Real Estate Law for eight years in a row.
- Ronald Hicks, Jr. has been included on the Best Lawyers list for 7 year for his broad litigation practice which includes Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Bankruptcy, Litigation – Construction, and Litigation – Real Estate.
- Richard Kotarba is celebrating 25 years of recognition on the Best Lawyers list for his practice in Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate and Real Estate Law.
- James Mall has been on the list since 2006 in the categories of Construction Law and Litigation – Construction.
- Robert Mauro’s practice in Real Estate Law has earned him a spot on the list for 23 years.
- Kevin McKeegan has been included on the Best Lawyers list every year since 2001 in the areas of Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning and Real Estate Law.
- Chad Michaelson has been honored on the Best Lawyers list since 2015 for his practice in Construction Law.
- Russell Ober, Jr. has qualified for the Best Lawyers list for 10 years in the categories of Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Construction and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
- David Oberdick has been listed as a top attorney by Best Lawyers every year since 2009 for his practice in Commercial Litigation, Copyright Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Patent Law, Trade Secrets Law and Trademark Law.
- Joel Pfeffer’s work in Immigration Law has earned him a spot on the list for 15 years.
- Grant Scott II is marking 10 years on the Best Lawyers list for his practice in Real Estate Law.
- Beth Slagle has been included on the list for her Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law practices every year since 2010.
- Robert Struble has been on the Best Lawyers list for six years in the areas of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law and Trusts and Estates.
- Dennis Unkovic’s International Trade & Finance Law practice has garnered recognition by Best Lawyers for 15 years.