Jason’s practice focuses on transformative real estate projects that require creative legal strategies, political insight, and stakeholder engagement. He often finds himself in front of elected officials and community leaders as he shepherds high-profile deals to closing. He takes pride in being the “last person in the room” for his clients and handles their business with care and attention as if it were his own.
He is well-versed in traditional real estate and municipal law and regularly counsels clients with respect to commercial property sales with tax-advantaged structuring, mixed-use developments, land use issues, commercial and retail leases, and property tax issues. Many of his engagements are in the public private partnership arena where public policy, public funding, politics, and private development overlap.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Land Bank Committee of the City of Pittsburgh Land Recycling Task Force, former Co-Chair
- NAIOP, Member
- Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, Board Member
- Observatory Hill, Inc., Board of Directors, former President
- Leadership Pittsburgh, XXXVI
- Calliope: The Folk Music Society of Pittsburgh, Board of Directors, former Secretary
- Construction Junction, former Board Member
Jason’s blue-collar roots in rural Southwestern Pennsylvania have given him an appreciation for all walks of life. He has a son and daughter that reward and frustrate him in amazing ways. He is an avid outdoorsman and resides in the North Hills.