Alan Sable is a Partner in the Real Estate & Lending practice group. Alan has over 31 years of experience offering legal advice in all areas of commercial real estate law, including purchases and sales of office, retail, multifamily, and affordable housing properties; office and retail leasing transactions; real estate development transactions, including obtaining land use and zoning approvals and other entitlements; real estate financing transactions including affordable housing transactions under various HUD programs; and commercial real estate receivership matters. Alan is often sought after for advice on realty transfer taxes, including structuring real estate transactions to minimize the impact of realty transfer taxes.
In addition to advising clients in transactional matters, Alan has served as an expert witness on real estate title issues in federal and state court litigation matters and is a licensed title insurance agent who operated a commercial title insurance agency affiliated with his prior law firm.
Alan’s experience also includes zoning, land use, and permitting matters, such as PennDOT highway occupancy permits and similar entitlements, as well as other commercial business transactions. In addition, Alan serves as counsel to receivers in receivership matters involving retail and other distressed commercial real estate assets.
Previously, Alan was a founding member of Sable and Sable, LLC, a successful, community focused law firm that assisted clients for more than seven years. Immediately prior to that, Alan was a partner in the Pittsburgh office of Reed Smith LLP, a Pittsburgh-based AmLaw 100 law firm.
- Innovative Commerce Serving Communities (ICSC) (formerly International Council of Shopping Centers), Member
- Innovative Commerce Serving Communities (ICSC) (formerly International Council of Shopping Centers), Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania Law+ Symposium Planning Committee, Member since 2018, Co-Chair (2021) and Chair (2022)
- Penn State Dickinson Law Alumni Association, Pittsburgh Chapter, Board Member
- Frequent speaker on various real estate topics for various organizations, including ICSC, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, National Business Institute, and other professional organizations
- Adath Jeshurun Cemetery, Member of Board of Directors
- Margaretta Interfaith Cemetery, Member of Board of Directors
Alan resides in Pine Township with his wife, their miniature dachshund, and his father-in-law, and sometimes their 2 children. In his spare time, Alan enjoys going off-road with his scale radio-controlled truck and expanding his diverse music collection.