Jo-Anne M. Mineweaser is a Partner in Meyer, Unkovic & Scott’s Multiemployer Plans and Employee Benefits Practice Group.
Jo-Anne counsels clients on the administration and operation of employee benefit plans, including Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and compliance with the requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Internal Revenue Code.
Jo-Anne’s employee benefits experience includes drafting and designing:
- Qualified retirement plans, such as traditional defined benefit pension plans, defined contribution plans including 401(k) plans, and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs);
- Retirement plans for non-profit and governmental entities, such as 403(b) plans and 457(b) plans;
- Nonqualified deferred compensation plans and other arrangements subject to Code Section 409A, including executive compensation programs; and
- Equity-based compensation plans, such as stock option plans and phantom stock plans, health and welfare plans, and fringe benefit plans.
Additionally, her experience includes the following:
- Counseling fiduciaries on meeting their fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA;
- Reviewing and negotiating investment management and administrative services agreements;
- Counseling clients on the benefit implications of mergers and acquisitions; and
- Advising on specific issues such as fiduciary liability, fiduciary liability insurance coverage and withdrawal liability under Taft-Hartley plans.
Jo-Anne lives in Harmony, PA with her husband and four children.