Jo-Anne M. Mineweaser is a Partner in Meyer, Unkovic & Scott’s Multi-Employer Plan & Employee Benefits Group Practice Group.
Jo-Anne counsels clients on the administration and operation of employee benefit plans, including compliance with the requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Internal Revenue Code, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and other laws affecting benefit plans.
Jo-Anne’s employee benefits experience includes drafting and designing:
- Qualified retirement plans, such as traditional defined benefit pension plans, and defined contribution plans including 401(k) plans;
- Retirement plans for non-profit and governmental entities, such as 403(b) plans and 457(b) plans; and
- Wrap plan documents for health and welfare benefits.
Additionally, her experience includes the following:
- Counseling fiduciaries on meeting their fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA;
- Reviewing and negotiating investment management and administrative services agreements;
- Reviewing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs);
- Counseling clients on the benefit implications of mergers and acquisitions; and
- Advising on specific issues such as fiduciary liability, fiduciary liability insurance coverage and withdrawal liability under Taft-Hartley plans.
Jo-Anne lives in Harmony, PA with her husband.