Michael Monyok focuses his practice on intellectual property matters and represents startups to large public companies in all aspects of intellectual property procurement, management, licensing, and litigation. In addition, Michael assists startups and emerging businesses navigate the complex legal issues that often face new ventures, from entity creation to a successful exit. Beyond patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, Michael’s work extends to all facets of the law involving technology. With a background in engineering, Michael brings an engineer’s problem-solving mindset to complex, technical legal matters.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Meritas – Global Information Technology Group
- The Q. Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association, Member
- Three Rivers Venture Fair, Coach’s Committee
- Penn State Venture and IP Conference, Coach’s Committee
- Carnegie Mellon University Venture Challenge, Judge
- Sewickley Valley YMCA – Volunteer Coach
Michael is a native Pittsburgher and currently resides in Sewickley with his wife and children. As a former swimmer and captain of his college swim team, Michael can be found at the local YMCA volunteering with his kids’ swim team when he is not immersed with the latest inventions.