W. Grant Scott is Chair of the Real Estate & Lending Group. He counsels clients on the structuring, negotiation and documentation of sophisticated real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, and disposition of real properties. He also advises owners and tenants on leasing agreements, counsels borrowers on financing, and works in tandem with the firm’s Corporate and Tax Departments on the real estate components of mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions. Grant has represented many commercial property owners in tax assessment appeals and is also active in the area of real estate litigation, real estate workouts, leasehold negotiation, and leasehold workouts. Grant is frequently selected as a mediator and arbitrator in private disputes and in matters at suit.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Real Property Section, Past Chairman
- Leadership Pittsburgh graduate
- Past member of a local Planning Board
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute Faculty Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
Grant and his wife, Cindy, have three adult children and two grandchildren, and reside in Sewickley, Pennsylvania.