Grant is Chair of the Real Estate & Lending Group. He counsels clients in every segment of industrial and commercial real estate, such as structuring, negotiation, and documentation of sophisticated real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, sale-leaseback, and disposition of real properties. He also advises owners and tenants on leasing agreements, counsels borrowers on financing, and works in tandem with the firm’s Corporate and Tax Departments on the real estate components of mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions. Grant has represented property owners in tax assessment and exemption appeals, has negotiated natural resources leases and acquisitions and advises real estate broker licensing requirements, brokerage agreements and brokers’ liens. In addition, he routinely deals with matters involving real estate litigation, real estate workouts, leasehold negotiation, and leasehold workouts.
Grant is frequently selected as a mediator and arbitrator in private disputes and in matters at suit. He is also the longest tenured member of the firm’s Management Committee, having served since 2001.
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- SIOR Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Real Property Section Member
- Chair 2001
- Vice Chair 2000
- Treasurer 1999
- Secretary 1998
- Lawyer-Realtor Committee
- Agreement Drafting Subcommittee
- Commercial Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Storefront Lease Agreement
- Pennsylvania Attorney General-Approved Plain Language Residential Lease
- Lebanon Planning Board, Former Member
- Urban Impact, Little League Baseball Coach, 2017-2020
- Quaker Valley Recreation Association, Board Member 1997-2007
- Little League and Pony League Baseball Coach, 1996-2007
Grant and his wife, Cindy, have three adult children and two grandchildren, and reside in Sewickley, Pennsylvania.