The Employment Law Group has extensive experience in representing and defending employers in many industries in Federal and State courts, and in proceedings in arbitration and before various governmental agencies involving claims of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, disputes related to employment agreements and non-compete agreements.
The Group’s experience with employee claims and litigation includes the following:
- Representation and defense of lawsuits and arbitration proceedings asserted by current or former employees, contractors and others including: wrongful discharge; refusal to hire; discrimination; harassment; retaliation; violation of ERISA, FMLA, or other state or federal employment laws; employment-related torts (such as intentional infliction of emotional distress, slander, libel, intentional interference with contractual or business relationships, negligent hiring, training or supervision, etc.).
- Representation and defense of claims of employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other statutory claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, Department of Labor, and other state and federal agencies.
- Representation and defense of wage and hour and wage payment and collection law claims, in Department of Labor investigations and proceedings and private actions.
- Representation of employers in proceedings to enforce covenants not to compete, non-solicitation of customers and employees and other restrictive covenants.
- In addition to defense of employment-related claims, we regularly represent and advise professionals in contract negotiations, disputes and claims.