Joseph A. Carroll is an Associate in Meyer, Unkovic & Scott’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group. Joe focuses his practice on commercial disputes in both state and federal court. Joe also assists clients in employment, residential real estate, and commercial real estate matters. He has frequently dealt with service animal and emotional support animal issues.
Joe received his J.D. from the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law in May 2017. He served as the Managing Editor for the Penn State Law Review, as well as a research assistant for multiple professors. Joe graduated second in his class and earned a number of awards, including CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for the highest grade in fourteen of his classes and the ALI CLE Scholarship & Leadership Award.
During law school, Joe worked as a summer intern at a small general practice law firm in Somerset, Pennsylvania and at the Somerset County Public Defender’s Office. He also served as a summer law clerk for President Judge D. Gregory Geary and Judge Scott Bittner of the Somerset County Court of Common Pleas. Following law school, Joe served as a federal law clerk for Judge Kim R. Gibson of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Civil Litigation Section, Member
- Construction Law Section, Member
- Federal Court Section, Member
- Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Somerset County Bar Association, Member
- Landlord Tenant Project and Landlord Tenant Pro Se Assistance Project, Volunteer
- Pro bono representation of low-income tenants for appeals of housing determinations
Joe grew up in Somerset, Pennsylvania, where he attended Somerset Area Senior High School. He now resides in the Greenfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Joe is an avid musician, having played the piano for two small churches in Somerset County for five-and-half years and playing the trombone in a variety of music groups. He enjoys following Pittsburgh sports and playing and watching tennis.