The Firm’s Employment Law Group has extensive experience in providing counsel and advice to clients regarding compliance with various federal and state employment laws and regulations, actions to reduce the risk of employment claims and liability. We regularly partner with our clients to design and implement strategies to achieve compliance and minimize claims while achieving business goals. Such services include:
- Review and audits of employment practices.
- Advice and training regarding termination and disciplinary issue, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, substance abuse, handling disability and leave issues and claim avoidance.
- Design, draft and advice regarding employee recruitment and selection procedures; employment applications; reference checking; criminal records checks; post-offer, pre-hire medical examinations and drug tests, and employment offer letters.
- Drafting employment agreements and independent contractor agreements.
- Design and drafting of and advice regarding employment policies and procedures, and handbook such as drug testing; anti-discrimination and harassment and guidelines for investigating and responding to such reports paid time off policies and practices; employment-at-will; discipline and discharge procedures; FMLA policies and ADA guidelines.
- Advice regarding employee classification, salary administration, FLSA and Equal Pay Act compliance.
- Training for supervisors and other management employees for compliance with employment laws.
- Advice regarding discipline and termination of employees, to minimize the risks of claims.
- Negotiation and drafting of separation and release agreements upon termination of employees.