Brittany M. Bloam is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She represents clients facing a variety of legal issues, including complex commercial disputes, land use and real estate matters, construction cases, and employment concerns. Her breadth of experience allows her to develop comprehensive solutions with an eye toward the client’s ultimate goal. Ms. Bloam is adept at communicating complex legal concepts to clients and courts alike.
Ms. Bloam is particularly interested in the real estate development and construction industries. Her real estate practice includes representing property owners and developers in land use and zoning disputes, including pursuing validity challenges to local zoning ordinances. She has litigated partition actions and eminent domain proceedings, as well as issues arising in the governance of condominium and homeowner associations. She represents both residential and commercial property owners in tax assessment appeals and landlord-tenant conflicts.
On the construction side, Ms. Bloam has represented owners and contractors in lawsuits over construction defects, claims arising under the Contractors and Subcontractors’ Payment Act, and the Pennsylvania Mechanics’ Lien Law.
In her commercial practice, Ms. Bloam litigates complicated partnership disagreements, as well as claims for breach of contract and arising under the Unfair Practices and Consumer Protection Law. She represents clients in matters involving breach of employment and non-compete agreements, as well as wage and hour claims.
Ms. Bloam was chosen by her peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine “Rising Star” for the years 2016 – 2021.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- ACBA Women’s Institute for Leadership in Law (“WILL”), Participant
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership Landlord-Tenant Project, Volunteer
- Meyer, Unkovic & Scott Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Member
- Pittsburgh Legal Diversity & Inclusion Coalition, Member
- American Lung Association Pittsburgh Leadership Board, Member
- National Association of Women in Construction, Member
- Preeclampsia Foundation Promise Walk, Volunteer
Brittany and her husband spend most of their free time chasing their two energetic daughters and working on home improvement projects. A native of St. Marys, Pennsylvania, Brittany enjoys spending time outdoors and is a devoted fan of the Buffalo Bills.