David G. Oberdick is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property, Corporate & Business Law, Business Litigation, and MUSolutions Groups, and has a diverse client base that bridges these practice areas. His business litigation experience includes cases involving issues of intellectual property, such as infringement and misappropriation litigation, restrictive covenants, licensing disputes, injunction proceedings, and related breach of contract issues.
Over the last 25 plus years, Oberdick has also counseled and litigated significant claims for clients in other complex commercial matters, such as disputes relating to insurance coverage, oil and gas title and leasing, shareholder conflicts, accountant malpractice, defamation, rights of publicity/privacy and antitrust. He also has served as an Arbitrator, Special Master, Hearing Officer, and Mediator/Neutral in cases involving many of these same issues.
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property Inn of Court, Master
- Local Rules Committee, Local Patent Rules Committee and ESI Sub-Committee for Alternative Dispute Resolution Member, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Appointed as a Special Master, Mediator, and Early Neutral Evaluator
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Federal Court Section, Former Council Member
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law’s Intellectual Property Moot Court, Faculty Advisor, 2004 – Present
- Carnegie Mellon University, Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship, Mentor; 2022.
- The Tepper Venture Challenge, Former Sponsor and Regular Judge
- A business plan competition held yearly by the Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Association of Carnegie Mellon University
- Avonworth School Board, Member, 2006 –2019
- President, 2008, 2010, 2012-13, and 2015 – 2018
- Allegheny County Ethics Commission, Former Chair, 2005 – 2010
- Ohio Township Planning Commission
- Avonworth Municipal Authority, Chairman of the Board of Directors, 1995 – 2000
- Leadership Pittsburgh XXXII
- Project Olympus, Mentor