Maxwell Briskman Stanfield is a creative problem solver. His knowledge and experience lend to a range of clients across a number of industries covering a broad spectrum of corporate, business, financial, commercial real estate, hospitality, entertainment, and media industry transactions.
He regularly assists clients with contract drafting and interpretation; business acquisitions, sales, and divestitures; commercial real estate acquisition and sales; commercial real estate leasing and licensing arrangements; financing arrangements (traditional bank financings, CMBS, equity raises); exempt-securities transactions; franchise agreements; business entity formation and structure; and nonprofit organization matters.
Maxwell also has experience with master service agreements, terms and conditions, terms of service, and statements of work, as well as software licensing agreements.
Within his entertainment and media practice, Maxwell assists marketing and branding agencies, production companies, fashion designers, artists, entertainers, gaming companies, and other creative-industry professionals with all aspects of their art form and their business – from advising on general business and intellectual property matters to assisting with any of the business and transactional needs mentioned above.
Maxwell was voted for inclusion in the inaugural 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, for Mergers & Acquisitions Law, and again for the 2022 edition for both Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law, an honor based on rigorous peer review, and achieved by less than 1% of all practicing attorneys nationwide.
He is the current Chairperson of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Corporate, Banking & Business Law Section.
Within the firm, he is a member of the Corporate & Business Law, Real Estate & Lending, Intellectual Property, and Nonprofit Practice Groups and serves as the firm’s Meritas young lawyer contact.
- Diversity Committee, Meyer Unkovic & Scott LLP
- Step Up Chair, Cardozo Society, Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG Pittsburgh)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Young Lawyers Division, Membership Outreach Committee
- Co-Chair, 2019-2022
- Corporate, Banking & Business Law Section Council
- Chair, 2020-2022
- Vice-Chair, 2019-2020
- Secretary & Treasurer, 2018 – 2019
- Real Property Section
- Membership Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- PBA E-Mentor Program, Mentor
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- The Washington & Jefferson Alumni Pre-Law Advisory Committee
- SteelTree Fund, Board Member
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, New Leadership Council Member
- Membership, Co-Chair
- Young Professionals Club, Committee Member
- Soiree Committee, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Children’s Trust Member of the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
- Associate Board of Ambassadors Pittsburgh, American Cancer Society
- Host Committee, “This is Us”, Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia, Volunteer
- “Twilight Picnic for the Parks: Back in the Swing,” Allegheny County Parks Foundation, Host Committee
Prior to joining Meyer Unkovic & Scott, Maxwell was an associate with the Corporate, Hospitality and Real Estate Finance practice groups at a large national law firm headquartered in Pittsburgh. Before that, he lived in Los Angeles, California where he focused his legal studies on all aspects of entertainment and media law. While in law school, Maxwell served as Copy Editor and Senior Staff Writer for The Commentator. Maxwell received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Political Science and Spanish from Washington & Jefferson College, where he served as President of the Pre-Law Society.