Maxwell Briskman Stanfield is a creative problem solver. He believes that no two clients are the same, and thus, his services are uniquely tailored to each client.
His knowledge and experience lend to a range of clients across several industries covering a broad spectrum of corporate, business, financial, commercial real estate, hospitality, entertainment, and media industry transactions.
Within his entertainment and media practice, Maxwell assists marketing and branding agencies, influencers, production companies, fashion designers, artists, entertainers, gaming companies, and other creative-industry professionals with all aspects of their art form and their business – from advising on general business and intellectual property matters to assisting with any of the business and transactional needs mentioned below.
He regularly assists clients with contract drafting and interpretation; business acquisitions, sales, and divestitures; commercial real estate acquisition and sales; commercial real estate leasing and licensing arrangements; financing arrangements; opinion letters and representation as Pennsylvania local counsel; exempt-securities transactions; franchise agreements; business entity formation and structure; and nonprofit organization matters.
Maxwell also has experience with master service agreements, terms and conditions, terms of service, and statements of work, as well as software licensing agreements.
Maxwell was voted for inclusion in the inaugural 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, for Mergers & Acquisitions Law, and again for the 2022 and 2023 edition for both Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, and Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), an honor based on rigorous peer review, and achieved by less than 1% of all practicing attorneys nationwide.
He is the past Chairperson of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Corporate, Banking & Business Law Section.
Within the firm, he is a member of the Corporate & Business Law, Entertainment & Media Law, Real Estate & Lending, Intellectual Property, and Nonprofit Organizations Practice Groups. Additionally, he serves as one of the firm’s Meritas lawyer contacts, and is a member of firm’s Diversity Committee and Technology Committee.
- Diversity Committee, Meyer Unkovic & Scott LLP
- Technology Committee, Meyer Unkovic & Scott LLP
- Step Up Chair, Cardozo Society, Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG Pittsburgh)
- Innovating Commerce Serving Communities, formerly known as International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Corporate, Banking & Business Law Section Council
- Chair, 2020-2022
- Vice-Chair, 2019-2020
- Secretary & Treasurer, 2018 – 2019
- Young Lawyers Division, Membership Outreach Committee
- Co-Chair, 2019-2023
- Real Property Section
- Membership Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- PBA E-Mentor Program, Mentor
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- The Washington & Jefferson Alumni Pre-Law Advisory Committee
- SteelTree Fund, Board Member
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, New Leadership Council Member
- Membership, Co-Chair
- Soiree Committee, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Children’s Trust Member of the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
- Associate Board of Ambassadors Pittsburgh, American Cancer Society
- Various Host Committees for the Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County Parks Foundation
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia, Volunteer
Prior to joining Meyer Unkovic & Scott, Maxwell was an associate with the Corporate, Hospitality and Real Estate Finance practice groups at a large national law firm headquartered in Pittsburgh. Before that, he lived in Los Angeles, California where he focused his legal studies on all aspects of entertainment and media law. While in law school, Maxwell served as Copy Editor and Senior Staff Writer for The Commentator. Maxwell received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in Political Science and Spanish from Washington & Jefferson College, where he served as President of the Pre-Law Society.