Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf announced on Thursday that businesses in the construction industry may resume in-person operations starting May 1.
According to the governor’s office, all businesses and employees in the construction industry must adhere to the Secretary of Health’s order when returning to operations, which is available by clicking this link
. Further, specific guidelines were issued for construction industry personnel, and can be accessed by clicking this link
Additionally, in preparing to return to work in a post-COVID-19 environment, construction industry professionals should consider the following:
- Updating safety policies and procedures;
- Staying current on evolving state and local mandates and requirements;
- Reviewing insurance coverage on existing and for future projects for purposes of claims and risk management;
- Updating employee training;
- Reviewing contracts for purposes of claims and notices; and
- Reviewing project management, scheduling, and means/methods.
This material is for informational purposes only. It is not and should not be solely relied on as legal advice in dealing with any specific situation.